Friday, December 19, 2008

Della Reese - Live (ABC 1966)



dusty groove says

One of Della Reese's greatest records -- and a unique little session cut "live in the studio" before a very appreciative crowd! Bobby Bryant wrote out some very hip charts for the session, and they're made even better by organ work by Bill Doggett and piano lines by Gerald Wiggins -- both of whom are in Della's group on the record. The whole thing's got a very nice groovy feel -- similar to some of the best pop jazz coming out of LA at the time -- and titles include "Gotta Travel On", "Girl Talk", "Driftin Blues", "Good Morning Blues", and "Detour Ahead"
some of you have have heard her record 'black is beautiful.' that albums got a cover the charles wright track 'comment' which i dig, more so for the song selection than the musical content. that isnt to say it isnt great; you should all check out that album. this one too.

expect more albums this weekend!!

download

2 comments:

invisiblenigma said...

Much Thanks Culov! I dont have much by Della Reese. So I really look forward to giving this one a listen

Daddy Squeeze Me! said...

Is there any way you can re up this link? I am the biggest della fan. I do have almost all of her albums except this one and maybe one more. I lost them when I relocated. I many more rare recordings.